The Building Industries #1 Asset
The masonry industry recognizes that the world of construction has changed dramatically over the past decade. New products, techniques, codes and regulations have changed the competitive landscape. This Masonry SYSTEMS Guide, a first ever of its kind, masonry system print guide and companion website, provide a standardized systems guide of best practices for masonry wall systems design and construction.
As you click through this website, you will find concise system guidelines addressing the key elements of the masonry envelope including 2D and 3D details, installation processes, specifications, product resources, and energy modeling. Each Chapter contains information that will create a more educated design and construction process with more efficient schedules, and a standardized bidding approach for the installers. The systems guide includes recommendations, details, in downloadable format for both Revit and CAD, for air and water barriers, tie systems, thermal analysis, rainscreen technology, cost analysis, an Assembly Comparison Matrix, as well as a Pricing Analysis.
The Masonry SYSTEMS Guide, Northwest Edition, is the Northwest masonry industry’s primary information resource on masonry systems and the first to address the challenges of energy code requirements for continuous installation. This website and the Masonry SYSTEMS Guide contains eight chapters outlining masonry systems, as well as a resource chapter for products appropriate for each system.
The Masonry SYSTEMS Guide and this website is produced with support from the Northwest Masonry Institute, an umbrella organization including the masonry industry, general contractor representatives, and national suppliers and organizations.
- Chapter 1: CMU (or Concrete Alternate) Wall with Anchored Masonry Veneer
- Chapter 2: Steel-Framed Wall with Anchored Masonry Veneer
- Chapter 3: Wood-Framed Wall with Anchored Masonry Veneer
- Chapter 4: Integrally Insulated CMU Wall
- Chapter 5: Interior-Insulated CMU Wall
- Chapter 6: CMU Wall with Adhered Masonry Veneer
- Chapter 7: Steel-Framed Wall with Adhered Masonry Veneer
- Chapter 8: Wood-Framed Wall with Adhered Masonry Veneer (Thick or Thin Bed Method)